FALL in love with the Susquehanna
Fall is an amazing and beautiful time for people to explore and discover the Susquehanna River Valley! Come enjoy the breathtaking fall foliage driving our scenic rural roads or hiking and cycling in our gorgeous State Parks and Forest. Grab that comfy jacket or sweater; jump in the car and explore our antique shops, wine trails, breweries and amazing restaurants.
What’s your Fall Fun?
- Discover our arts and culture, history and heritage.
- Dine at Siam, one of the best Thai Restaurants in the Mid-Atlantic.
- Enjoy “Hallofun” at Knoebels Amusement Resort where it transforms the park into a spooktacular place for ghosts and ghouls of all ages.
- Attend our Fall Festivals and Fairs such as Selinsgrove Market Festival, Shade Mountain Winery Harvest Festival, Lake Augusta Wine Festival, and Mifflinburg’s Oktoberfest.
- Explore the 6,500 acres of the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, home to extensive motorized and non-motorized trails for all levels of outdoor fun!
- Experience our walking, bicycling and driving Fall Foliage Tours.
- View our 10 things not to miss this Fall in the Susquehanna River Valley.
- Take amazing photos of our Fall Foliage using our Fall Foliage Photography Tips.
- Sample, delight and compare the autumnal red wines at our 5 wineries.
- Navigate the corn mazes as Ards Farm and Kohl’s Stony Hill Tree Farm & Christmas Shoppe.
Closer Than You Think
Less than a 4-hour drive from:
- New York City
- New Jersey
- Washington, DC
- Northern Virginia
- and a little longer from Toronto and Montreal but we love our northern neighbors!
The Susquehanna River Valley is easily accessible by Interstates 80 & 81 and Routes 15, 192, and 45.
Discover a Treasure at Every Turn
Feel free to do as little – or as much as you like. Here in the Susquehanna River Valley go at your own pace where you are the captain of your adventure and where you will discover a treasure at every turn.