Backyard Tourism Week
Let us be your resource for the perfect
staycation this summer!
Backyard Tourism Week is May 6th-10th. Come out to see what your community and local businesses have to offer. Join us for an open house at the Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau.
Backyard Tourists who stop into the visitor information center can register to win a variety of giveaways from local businesses and can also enter to win our grand prize -- the Backyard Weekend Getaway Package, which includes:
- A two-night stay at a local bed & breakfast
- Gift certificates to local restaurants, retailers and attractions
- A free flight for three from Heritage Aviation
- And much more
And be sure to pick up your “Backyard Coupon Clipper,” filled with coupons from select businesses in the tri-county region, which will be valid from May 6 –18. Redeemed coupons will act as a second entry for prize giveaways and the grand prize drawing.
Visit us on Friday, May 10 for “Shoo-Fly Pie Friday” and enter to win prizes while enjoying a delicious slice of one of the classic tastes of Central PA!
Let us help you discover all the treasures of the Susquehanna River Valley and to become an expert backyard tourist!
You don't have to leave the Susquehanna River Valley to have an unbelieveable vacation!
Win prizes from local businesses, including:
- Canoe Susquehanna
- Clyde Peeling's Reptiland
- Colonial Candlecrafters
- Country Cupboard
- Dancing Bear Farm
- Danville Super 8
- Fero Vineyards and Winery
- Graci's Flowers and Gifts
- Hampton Inn - Danville
- Hampton Inn - Shamokin Dam
- Heritage Aviation
- Holiday Inn Express - New Columbia
- The Hotel Edison
- Hunter's Valley Winery
- Knoebels Amusement Resort
- Lake Tobias Wildlife Park
- Mifflinburg Buggy Museum
- Patchwork Farm Alpacas
- Shade Mountain Winery
- Star Hollow Candle Company
- Susquehanna Life Magazine
- T & D's Cats of the World
- Tee-to-Green Golf Center
- The Watson Inn
- Williamsport South/Nittany Mountain KOA Campground