A Union County Treasure
Bounded by the scenic Susquehanna River and Bucknell University, Lewisburg’s heart resides in its charming downtown. The authentic, historic downtown commercial district and adjacent historic neighborhoods are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Rich in culture, the arts, and steeped in history, Lewisburg invites visitors to stroll tree-lined, lamp lit streets, browse distinctive shops, dine in one of many friendly restaurants or stay overnight in a comfortable bed and breakfast.
Things to See and Do
- Explore the Historic District of 19th-century buildings.
- Shop more than 40 independent stores for stylish clothing and accessories, handcrafted jewelry and pottery, books, art supplies, quality toys, and more.
- Savor the great food served at diverse local restaurants.
- Go antiquing at Rollermills Antique Mall, Antiques at 221, Lewisburg Antique and Consignment Mall, Silver Moon Antique Mall and Flea Market, and the Street of Shops.
- Buy fresh, local products at the year-round farmers market on Fairground Road on Wednesdays, and at the growers market on Fridays at Brookpark Farm (late spring to early fall).
- See a movie in an art deco movie palace, The Campus Theatre, which experienced a major renovation in 2011.
- Enjoy the Susquehanna River with Canoe Susquehanna or a picnic lunch in Soldier's Park.
- Experience Rural Heritage Days at the historic Dale/Engle/Walker House.
- Explore the visual and performing arts at Bucknell's Samek Gallery and the Weis Center for Performing Arts.
- Listen to live music at many downtown eateries, taverns, and cafes.
- Cheer for the Bucknell Bison at sporting events.
- Attend the Ice Festival in February, Arts Festival in April, July 4th Parade, Stroll Through the Arts in November, and Victorian Holiday Parade in December.